Baby Mauldin- Week 8 Ultrasound

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baby Blog Debut

As the first trimester is coming to a close, I thought it the perfect time to debut the new Baby Blog.  Everything is going great so far. The first trimester went by very smoothly.  I had only one week of feeling sick, but I never actually "got sick."  I'm very thankful for how well and how easy it went.  Time is flying by!  With me working, Jared busy with school, and keeping house, the days really go by fast.  We keep pretty busy on the weekends trying to see the sights around here and just catch up on errands.
I took a trip in October to see my new niece, Sydney, in Alabama.  It was wonderful!  I will say, I found out how difficult it is to live away from family when a baby is born. I experienced this with my niece, Elizabeth, a few years ago. That was hard too.  It was sad not being there for baby showers and all the excitement, and just the thought of not getting to spend much time with her as she grows.  This time was even harder, as it was my sister having the baby.  I don't think the pregnancy hormones helped any!
As a military wife though, I've learned that friends become family, and I am very thankful to have already made some friends in Monterey!  And, as long as I have my wonderful husband, all is well!  Jared has already been so supportive and helpful.  He carries the laundry baskets up the stairs and is good to do lots of chores. He's been very interested and likes to talk about the future with the baby.  He's into looking at jogging strollers online and picking out a more suitable car for us for when the baby arrives.
It's been so much fun to tell family and friends about the coming baby.  I actually got to tell my sisters and grandparents while I was in Alabama, which was so much fun and a huge gift!  Our nieces and nephews in Florida were very excited.  Jared's brother and his wife have four kids from ages 3-10.  They are a blast and we will get to see them at Christmas.  One of them has even offered to babysit already!
Jared's parents are coming next week for Thanksgiving and having the "bun in the oven" will make the holidays an even more exciting time.  For Christmas we will visit family in Alabama and Texas.
I believe I'm starting to show just a little bit.  I don't think people can tell, but I sure can.  The jeans are pretty tight after I eat and I'm sitting down.  I looked in the mirror last week and said, "Oh well, I don't need to wear this shirt again while pregnant."  At this stage it just looks like I've put on a few pounds, but it still exciting!
That's all for now.  I'm going to try to post something new about every two weeks!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you both and know that the two of you will make wonderful parents! Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby! Well it has to be I suppose. Thanks so much for sharing. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete